FAQs for “Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Students”
“Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Students” is an interactive online training course designed and distributed by EverFi. The goal of the training module is to help students develop critical life skills, specific to topics around diversity, equity, and inclusion. The training facilitates an opportunity for students to:
- Reflect on elements of your own identity, including identity conflicts, managing multiple identities, while also exploring how external factors influence identity, and the negative impact of assumptions and stereotypes.
- Develop a greater awareness of our biases and how to respond to bias attitudes and behaviors.
- Explore your role in creating inclusive, respectful communities, and learn about skills including self-care, active listening, and effective allyship.
How do I learn more about this effort and other anti-racism initiatives on campus?
On June 18, 2020, President Kent Fuchs shared his vision and direction for the University of Florida, urging us all to “become part of positive change against racism”. In alignment with strategic university-wide goals, a multi-level approach was developed and focuses on the following areas:
- Our three-part mission of education, research and engagement with the community
- Understanding our history and moving forward with symbolism and behavior consistent with our values
- Representation, inclusion, opportunity and accountability
To learn more about these efforts, with updates on progress, visit antiracism.ufl.edu.
How do I take the course?
To log in, you will use your GatorLink username and password (this is the same username and password you use to login to ONE.UF).
Having problems logging in?
- If you are trying to login using a phone or iPad, please try logging in using either a laptop or desktop computer.
- Try logging into (uf.edu) If you can’t do this, the problem is with your Gatorlink and not with the course. You will need to contact the UF Help Desk at (352) 392-HELP (4357) or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you can successfully log in to ONE.UF then it is something more specific to Everfi.
- Make sure you are logging into EverFi using the link from the invite email
- If you are still experiencing problems logging into the course, please send a screenshot of the page where you get stuck and your Gatorlink username to email@example.com
Who needs to take these courses?
All current UF students (whether online or residential) should complete the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Students training course.
How long can I expect the courses to take?
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Students will take approximately 45 minutes to 1 hour to complete.
Will my answers be private?
The educational course will include surveys about your understanding of the topics to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; There is no linkage between the user’s login and the answers they provide within the training course. There will be demographic-specific questions asked during the training course.
What else should I know?
- The training is available at the start of the Spring 2021 semester. At the beginning of the term, you will receive an email informing you of your specific training requirement.
- You may take the course in multiple sittings, but make sure to click on the “next” button after completing a section before logging out. If you do not progress to the next section first, you will have to repeat the previous section.
- If you experience technical problems, click the “help” button to access the 24/7 help center from Everfi.
What if I have questions?
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions about requirements or verification.
If you have a technical issue, use the “help” button to contact EverFi directly, 24 hours a day.